Category Archives: Uncategorized
One of the best parts of our neighborhood is the small town atmosphere that the Cleveland Park Listserv helps to create. Each Friday we will pull out some (possibly out of context) gems from the Listserv to share with our neighbors and friends. We hope these outtakes of the neighborhood news will get you ready for another great weekend in Cleveland Park!
Ward 3 Problems…
I could walk to the grocery store with my cart but how often do any of us do that anymore? Two hundred fifty dollars and 8 bags later we would all prefer to be able to load that stuff into our car and drive it home.
Loud speakers with bad sound? Please don’t give to anyone in my building…
We are giving away a pair of big speakers purchased in 1984. They are in great physical condition given their age, but they don’t have premium sound. However, they still function well and can get very loud if you want.
Clearly, everyone should read the listserv
A young man representing Verizon rang our doorbell…I did not have the time to hear him out because I was preparing for a dinner guest…After I closed the door I couldn’t help but ask myself, how desperate could Verizon be that they have to send people door to door to sell their service. Maybe they should read this listserv once and a while and see how many subscribers complain about Verizon…
Verizon may not read the listserv, but apparently RCN employees do!
I just wanted to weigh in with my recent experience with RCN. They are fantastic! My new building has Comcast and RCN. After talking with both and reading reviews on Yelp, RCN was the clear winner and my experience with them from selection, to the set-up techs to their new DVR service is awesome!
The Linus of Cleveland Park?
I am in search of a missing baby blanket. It was lost last night between Cleveland Park and Van Ness, possibly on Metro. It is solid aqua on one side (plush) and multi-colored modern bird pattern on the other. It is a treasured blanket…
Need to get out of the city this summer? Planning a DC staycation? Here’s five of our favorite summer getaways – all within 3 hours of Cleveland Park.
1. Charlottesville, VA – We told you about our daytrip to the Charlottesville area here. Enjoy some history mixed with a few of the region’s best wines. (2.5 hours away)
2. Annapolis, MD – Go boating, eat some crabs, enjoy some quirky shopping. (1 hour away)
3. Richmond, VA – Spend a day strolling down Cary Street. Don’t miss the Maymont Estate or Museum of Fine Arts. (2 hrs, 10 mins away or take Amtrak)
4. Bethany Beach, DE - Just down the coast from busy Rehoboth Beach, check out Bethany Beach, where you’ll find the ocean and the boardwalk without as many crowds (3 hours away)
5. Berkeley Springs, WV – Avoid the masses heading to the beach, and go to the mountains. Enjoy the natural spring spas, hiking, and breathtaking views. (2 hours away)
Where’s everyone headed this summer?
We can’t wait for the permit issues to be resolved so that we can spend a Saturday morning strolling through the Cleveland Park farmers market. Here’s the top five vendors we’d love to see:
1. The fish truck. (Frequently found in Vann Ness.)
2. Keswick Creamery Farmstead Cheese. (We love their stuff at the Dupont farmers market.)
3. A good morning snack. (Maybe a crepe stand a la Eastern Market?)
4. Pastries and bread from Quail Creek Farm. (Frequently found at the Penn Quarter farmers market.)
5. Veggies, veggies, and more local veggies! The more the merrier.
What would you like to see at the farmers market?