It is looking like it will be one of the coldest weekends of the winter. Sunday’s high is currently forecast below freezing according Weather Underground. What activities, then, can you enjoy in the neighborhood to beat the cold? Here’s five ideas that we had…
1) Head to the Cleveland Park Library book sale and pick up some good reads. Then curl up with some hot cocoa and read a book (or two)!
2) Heat things up by learning about animal loving making at the Zoo’s annual “Woo at the Zoo”
3) Head over to Indique and try the spicy and delicious Lamb Vindaloo, guaranteed to warm you up!
4) If warming up with food isn’t your thing, try a drink. Visit Ripple and order the John O’Lantern (Johnny Walker, pumpkin, lime, and crushed red pepper). That one will warm not just your throat but your entire body!
5) Forget leaving the house entirely and spend the weekend under a blanket and in front of the TV. Start an entire television series and watch at least one season. Recommendations guaranteed to keep you engaged: The Wire, Sopranos, 24, Weeds, or whatever you can find on Netflix watch instantly.
6) Stop reading this and act normally, after all it’s not going to be that cold.