We’ve heard from several sources that 4P’s (aka “Four Fields”, but does anyone ever call it that?) is closing in June. Seriously, this time. Or so they say. (We attended their last “closing night” in October 2011, and you all know how that turned out…) We’ve also heard that McFadden’s is taking over. But since 4Ps has surprised us more than a couple times in our time in Cleveland Park, we thought they might be looking for a second opinion. And of course, we’re happy to give them one. So for this Friday Five, we offer…
Five Things We’d Rather See Open in 4Ps than McFaddens:
1. Trader Joes. Because who doesn’t want $4 wine and $2 pasta sauce at their doorstep?
2. Panera. Good coffee, good bakery, lots of seating, free wifi. Yes, please!
3. Mellow Mushroom. If we had a good pizza/beer joint in the neighborhood, we would seriously never leave.
4. Jimmy John’s. With Jimmy John’s right down the street (and open til 3 am), life could be just like college again…
5. Anything but a tanning salon, a nail salon, or a CVS! I think we have those markets sufficiently covered.
What would you like to see in the space? Any McFadden’s defenders?
Happy long weekend!