Not tied down this Valentine’s Day? Here’s our February 14th guide for the solo Cleveland Park-er.
1. Strengthen and meditate. Today (and every Tuesday!) is Free Yoga Night at the Cleveland Park Library. Enjoy some mid-week tranquility and practice your asanas all without leaving the neighborhood.
2. Test your random knowledge. Head over to Nanny O’Briens for trivia night. Despite the start time stated on the bar’s website, we hear it usually starts around 8 pm. Arrive a few minutes early to take advantage of the bar’s happy hour specials and meet some new friends to form your team for the 10 rounds of questions.
3. Watch some NCAA basketball. Head to Cleveland Park Bar and Grill for the Florida v. Alabama game at 7:00 pm. Bama won’t be the only team without key players–two key Florida reserves will miss this game. Plus, Bama is a tough place to win. Get to the bar a bit before the game, and you can enjoy $3 beer and $4 liquor and wine until 7 pm.
4. Treat yourself! Use the night as good excuse to indulge in an old favorite food or experiment with that new recipe you’ve been meaning to try. Not sure what to make? I like the blog Practical Cooking for One and the Washington Post’s Cooking for One column.
5. Take advantage of a deal. Relax and enjoy a drink solo, or mingle with other singles at one of the 9 Cleveland Park bars featuring happy hour specials today.